NNLS Network is a support group of volunteers to provide a range of services to the community at times of need. The group is led by Rabbi Wittenberg, as the very nature of his pastoral role means he is usually the primary port of call for members at these times
We particularly try to maintain contact with members who have suffered bereavement, illness or other crisis situations, being times when listening, companionship and general support is appreciated.
- Support members with telephone contact and personal visits through the challenges of life-cycle events such as those faced by first-time mothers
- Visit people in hospital and when they return home
- Help people deal with the loss of a loved one
- Offer practical advice for access to appropriate services
- Provide buddying support for those wishing to attend Synagogue
- Help manage the Community Freezer so that food can be distributed as required at short notice e.g. during Shiva
For further details, or for any support you might need from Network, contact Rosalind Ross through the Synagogue Office.